Lately I’ve noticed how much negativity I have allowed to sneak into my life. There have been days that seem like it’s nearly impossible to tune out all the noise and negativity.
When lies are being spoken to you, when it seems that the truth is all but lost, I have found its best to stop, literally, stop whatever it is you’re doing and speak truth. Out loud. Shout it if needed. Write it down.
There is a lot I am still learning about myself, but there is so much I already am aware of that lately I’ve just allowed myself to forget. So here’s my list of truths for today.
- I’m a creative being. I thrive on using my creativity daily.
- I’m tired of being a bride. Ready to be a wife. Eloping still sounds like a good idea.
- I am marrying the most compassionate, kind hearted, playful and loving man that I have ever met. I am reminded how blessed I am every time I see him.
- I’m not perfect, but I try damn hard to always do my best. Sometimes my best doesn’t mean I succeed at the task at hand, but it’s always enough for me.
- My heart longs for a child. I would love nothing more than to prove every doctor wrong and laugh at the word infertility someday.
- Sometimes I cry just thinking about the people who have allowed me into their lives and how much I love them.
- I’m not a people pleaser. Sometimes I wonder if some of my relationships would be easier if I were. But then I remember that I’m not wired that way.
- I’m not currently happy with my weight or my health. It’s a struggle to distract myself from chronic pain. It’s even harder to distract myself from the statistics and doctor’s words.
- My favorite moment from this week is a toss up between an ice cream outing with my favorite 10 year old and laughing until I fell over during a phone call with a longtime friend.
- The truth is, I have no idea what’s next for me in regards to many things in my life, but I am thankful God knows.