I’m a single woman who loves hanging out with my friends’ crazy kids.
The above statement is made with an awareness that I am somewhat naive….but mostly willing to believe kids have a lot to teach us.
I have an endless list of children who call me Aunt Kara and am blessed to be a part of each of their lives. After years of watching these little ones grow up I have to say the two-year olds are my favorite. YES they are known as the TERRIBLE twos, but I can relate to those guys.
They don’t like rules.
I don’t like rules.
They sleep less, eat on the run and are constantly expecting people to listen to them. They also have a great sense of humor and a unique fashion sense!
Every week I have the pleasure of hanging out with one of my absolute FAVORITE two-year olds who I call “Monkey”
Monkey and I frequently go to the zoo, the park, the bookstore, Trader Joes and have many other adventures! Yesterday while sitting on the couch enjoying a granola bar with Monkey, I realized he has a lot of wisdom for his young age.
Self Help Advice from a two-year old:
1. If you fall down please stay down. Someone WILL pick you up eventually.
2. Are you tired of looking at yourself in the mirror? So was I until I met my friend permanent marker. FACE TATTOOS ARE RAD.
3. Socks are poison my friend. Trust me, don’t wear them! Happiness will soon follow!
4. This might be a tough one, but you gotta trust me: Take a crap in the tub. It’s SO surreal.
5. If you’re feeling aggressive, or just bored, or tired, or hungry…scream in a cat’s face.
6. De-clutter! Start by throwing all your dishes in the garbage. After that I suggest toothbrushes and important paper work.
7. If you’re gonna run, do it at top speed, man. Life is too short to walk in the mall.
8. Quick thrills fuel the heart. Have you learned to delete things off the DVR yet? DO IT. It’s Awwwesome.
9. Whether the glass is half empty or half full is irrelevant if you dump it out on the sofa. You’re welcome.