This morning a friend and I were discussing our future dreams and plans and as we shared what we were looking forward to, we also shared things that we are missing right now.
Today I miss:
- my desk. Being in transition once again has forced me to keep most of my things in boxes. All of my art supplies are spread out in several boxes, in several rooms. I wish it was different.
- a real creative space. A place (outside of my house) that I can go to draw, paint, sing, dance; essentially express my heart in a variety of ways.
- Blake’s little feet running after me yelling RaRaaaaa!
- my home in Prague. I’ve been missing that city and my amazing friends there a lot as of lately.
- Kentucky fish fry parties with the family. It’s hard to live so far away sometimes.
- being called Maddog.
- the rain. As much as I complained last winter, I’d take a rainy day over 100 degree heat anytime!
- being quiet. I’m trying to carve out more time to rest and learn to just “be still”
Even though speaking these things out today made me sad, I am very grateful that I currently have all that I need!