I need to be unnerved.
I want my pulse back.
I don’t want to feel disconnected anymore.
These thoughts plagued me for months. And weeks ago I decided to do something about it.
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. I don’t believe in them. But I do believe in having overall goals and desires for my life. My first goal for this year: Don’t plan so much.
I feel the need to be more spontaneous, live without checking my schedule every few hours and just enjoy whatever experiences come my way. I want to start LIVING again. And I have. Since January I have:
- Begun each morning with 30 minutes of silent meditation
- Started a completely Gluten free diet
- Had a three week love affair
- Lost my job
- Lost my car
- Learned to let go (yet again)
- Took my creativity to a new level
- Rediscovered my love of dance
- Cried a lot
- Laughed a lot more
- Risked my heart
- Redefined love
- Spoke truth in new ways
- Began painting regularly again
- And I’m becoming a better friend, daughter, leader and woman of God
This year I want to pray more, laugh more, eat better, drink less, speak truth, give grace, risk often, and love deeply.
Last year I was ruined. This year, I’m on the road to transformation. And it feels amazing.