This week can probably be summed up in one word: emotion. Those of you that have only known me the last few years or so would probably not describe me as an overly emotional person. But as I continue to re-discover who I really am, I’m finding that for years I suppressed my feelings and emotions. I cry now like never before. I show joy like never before. I’m comfortable with whoever is around me to see the real me and that includes my emotions.
BODY: I felt some tension in my lower back this week which is usually a good indicator that I’m stressed. I dealt with feelings of loss and had to grieve over a situation that I wasn’t at all prepared for. After acknowledging these feelings I found that my back pain decreased. I still practice yoga twice a day and have now added weights twice a week.
I was asked by a reader to post another recipe from my raw foods diet. So here is one that I’ve made several times and enjoyed:
CREAMY AVOCADO GAZPACHO
- 1 C. (237 ml) water
- Flesh of 1 medium avocado, reserving 1 T. for garnish
- 2 C. (480 ml) chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 C. (355 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 Serrano chile, with seeds, sliced (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig mint leaves
- Juice of 2 lemons or limes
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. maple syrup (can use dates or honey to sweeten)
- 2 small mint leaves
- Paprika (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Start blender on low speed for a few seconds, then switch to high. Blend until creamy and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 soup bowls. Dice reserved avocado and gently drop them into the center of the bowl. Add a mint leaf and sprinkle diced avocado with paprika if desired. Serves 2.
MIND: My mind (as usual) was filled with lots of new information! I spent a few hours at a local library. I ended up reading through one entire book and taking home a dozen more! Most people would consider 20 books too many to be reading at one time but…my crazy brain says that it’s not enough. If there’s one addiction I’m not willing to seek help for it’s my obsession with learning and reading. This week I found that I needed to be in meditation and in conversation with God a lot more throughout the day. I like that. There wasn’t always a reason why I felt that way, they was just an urgency in my heart to be in His presence. I pray that continues to be something I listen and make space for in my life.
SPIRIT: This week I experienced a freedom that I have been waiting years for. It was once again, very emotional and painful, but it was so healing. My spirit feels calm and I know that the work I have been putting into living a peaceful holistic life is working! I have also put down my camera for awhile and am using other mediums of art for self expression. I bought a bunch of blank canvas and have slowly begun painting and using mixed media techniques. I most likely won’t be posting the finished product here but I’m enjoying finding new outlets for my creativity!
This week’s verse is Psalm 13:5-6 “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me.”