Day four schedule
8:00AM: morning yoga
10:00AM: silent listening
10:30AM: Scripture readings (Genesis 6-9)
As I was driving away from the beach, I left feeling rested, restored and seeking to recommit my life, my hopes and desires and my future to God. It was really emotional for me and I took some time to rejoice in all that I had experienced in such a short time.
I believe that too many times we see God move and work in our lives like this and then never allow it to change us. I was determined not to let that happen. So as I step back into normal life and move forward, here’s what I want to continue working on that I practiced this week:
- I plan to do this type of retreat twice a year. No excuses. I need the rest and the time with God without daily distractions. For the VERY FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I heard God whisper to me. Whisper. People, believe me, I only thought God could get my attention with a bullhorn! It is possible for him to whisper, I just need to quiet myself enough to hear it!
- I want to continue practicing yoga twice a day. At the beginning of my day and at the end. So relaxing and it brings a lot of peace.
- Take time for daily reflection and Scripture reading.
- Continue a 50% raw food diet and make a nutrition plan. My physical health is terrible. But I’ve felt SO healthy over the past week! I need to start taking care of myself completely body, mind and spirit.
- I will be establishing “normal” working hours. No more staying up until 3am editing photos or answering emails at 9pm. I refuse to let work control me and I’m tired of being available to everyone anytime they need me. I need time to myself too!
- Once I return to Sacramento, I want to start serving at least 1-2 times a month. I feel so good when I came give of my time and resources to others. Feeds my soul!
- I’ve committed to writing every single day. I currently have a couple of writing projects I’m working on. Can’t wait to see what God will do with it!
- I’m limiting my interactions on social media. Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc…no one needs to hear from me every day and I don’t really care to know what everyone had for lunch, what crazy thing their child said or what they feel like bitching about that day. Call me, email me, ENGAGE in person. I’m tired of staring at people’s “walls”.
This week was amazing. Clearly God and I are back to a healthy place and I’m so much more self aware and responding to His voice in new ways.
Friends, God’s love is relentless. We have to believe it enough that it changes how we live!!