101 in 1001
The mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The criteria: The tasks must be specific (no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined.
Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (represent some amount of effort on your part).
Start Date: September 20th, 2013
End Date: June 17th, 2016
- 1,441,440 minutes
- 24,024 hours
- 143 weeks
BOLD – completed
Italics – In progress
001. Try 20 new recipes.
002. Create 2 new recipes.
003. Grow and use a vegetable and herb garden.
004. Host a dinner party in our new dining room.
005. Bring dinner to a neighbor.
006. Make Christmas cookies for all my neighbors.
007. Keep a food diary for 2 weeks.
008. Cook breakfast 4 Saturday mornings in a row.
009. Learn to make Max’s tuna salad sandwiches.
010. Make at least two meals from Pinterest.
011. Carve a pumpkin.
012. Attend a couples cooking class with Max.
013. Eat salad before dinner every night for 2 weeks.
014. Join a CSA.
015. Make my Mamaw’s homemade Chicken and Dumplings.
016. Drink no alcohol for 1 month.
017. Get Max to eat a piece of sushi.
018. Have a day making and eating only completely raw meals.
019. Make 2 of my yummy apple-blueberry pies.
020. Make dessert for dinner.
021. Have a picnic with Max.
022. Give a huge tip to a good waiter.
023. Try 5 new restaurants.
024. Make pasta from scratch.
025. Have a baby.
026. Get my motorcycle license.
027. Drive at least 50 miles from home on my new motorcycle.
028. Pay for the person behind me in the drive thru.
029. Send out Christmas cards one year.
030. Finally learn to throw a football.
031. Go on 15 dates with my husband.
032. Send my stepmom flowers out of the blue.
033. Surprise Max, big or small, 5 times.
034. Have an Adopt-a-family for Christmas.
035. Have 2 photography shows with current work.
036. Play a guitar.
037. Create new business cards.
038. Make digital scrapbooks of all of our past motorcycle trips.
039. Subscribe to two art or design magazines.
040. Create a website portfolio for Max.
041. Post an outfit of the day on my blog.
042. Take a dance class.
043. Participate in a walk/run for a cause.
044. Lift weights 3x a week for a month.
045. Get to goal weight.
046. Go on a hike.
047. Choose my acupuncturist as my primary care provider.
048. Go fishing.
049. Go back to Prague.
050. Take a train through Canada.
051. Have a girls weekend trip.
052. Plan and spend a romantic weekend getaway in Lake Tahoe.
053. Go to a Sharks home game.
054. Take a spontaneous trip in the convertible.
055. See the Grand Canyon.
056. See Utah.
057. Visit Max’s parents house outside Boston.
058. Go camping.
059. Visit Capitola again.
060. Visit Yellowstone National Park.
061. Go barrel tasting in Napa.
062. Read 20 books.
063. Send 15 pieces of snail mail.
064. Have “wash and wear” hair for a full week.
065. Redo 2 pieces of furniture.
066. Not make any clothing purchases for a month.
067. Watch a TV series I have never seen on DVD.
068. Become a Yelp Elite member.
069. Give Blood.
070. Volunteer in my local town/community.
071. Rent and watch 2 foreign movies with subtitles.
072. Buy new reading glasses.
073. Sew 3 things.
074. Attend two live music concerts.
075. Find the perfect shade of lipstick. Then use it.
076. Play in the rain.
077. Not go on Facebook or Twitter for an entire week.
078. Go to the range and shoot a gun.
079. Attend a photography workshop.
080. Organize the office.
081. Get my feather tattoo touched up and filled in.
082. Read the Old Testament.
083. Play the lotto.
084. Have a fully stocked bar at home.
085. Get my wedding dress cleaned and archive boxed.
086. Have boudoir photos taken.
087. Buy and decorate a Christmas tree.
088. Eat dinner by candlelight.
089. Get my teeth whitened.
090. Get a fancy schmancy letter opener and use it.
091. Send 5 “happies” (unexpected gifts) to friends.
092. Send a message in a bottle.
093. Paint a canvas.
094. Get rid of all clothing not worn in 2 years.
095. Go to a drive-in movie.
096. Send a new written song to a record company.
097. Attend a theater show.
098. Write a “if anything ever happens to me” letter.
099. Go ice skating.
100. Go fruit picking.
101. Inspire someone to start a 101 in 1001 list.